Baked Pears with Cranberries
Author: Kelly from Primally Inspired
- 2 pears, cut in half
- 4 teaspoons butter (for dairy free use coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon pure honey, optional
- ½ of an orange, zested and juiced (zest divided in half)
- pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place pears cut side up in a baking dish.
- Place 1 teaspoon of butter on top of each pear.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to each pear half
- Add the cranberries on and around the pears.
- Sprinkle half the zest from the orange half on top of the pears and cranberries.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange half over the fruit.
- If you are using honey, drizzle honey over the pears.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pears are softened.
- Top with whipped orange coconut cream and enjoy!
- With a stand or electric mixer, whip coconut cream until peaks form.
- Add in the other half the zest from the half orange, vanilla, honey and pinch of cinnamon.
- Continue whipping until well incorporated, about 15-30 seconds longer.
Recipe by Primally Inspired at https://www.primallyinspired.com/baked-pears-cranberries/