Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Today is a great day! Why, you ask? Because I’m giving you one of my very favorite dinner recipes! Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas.
I’m not sure why it took me this long to give this recipe to you guys. But after I posted my Paleo Tortillas Recipe (find HERE), I realized I never gave out my chicken fajitas recipe yet. Tragedy! And let me tell you, you guys need this recipe 🙂
You need this chicken fajitas recipe because it’s delicious, it’s easy, it’s healthy and without counting the marinade time and if you are good with a knife, you can seriously get it on the table in less than 15 minutes. What’s not to love about that?!
And now that I created my Paleo Tortillas recipe, I am enjoying these fajitas even more. Because I can now eat them with a tortilla!!!! A grain-free tortilla!!! Do you realize how big of a deal that is for this grain-free, Paleo girl? A big, big, BIG deal.
I am so obsessed with these tortillas, you guys. I make a double batch every week and then we use them for breakfast wraps, crispy tortilla pizzas, these fajitas, dessert crepes and more. If you follow me on Instagram (follow me!), you’ll get to see all my crispy tortilla pizza creations. I just made one today that had ahi tuna and homegrown tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, basil and homemade spicy mayo on it. Mmmmm Hmmmmm.
Anyway, the cool part is that these skillet chicken fajitas don’t have to be eaten on a tortilla. You can eat it right out of the skillet or you can serve it over rice, over a salad, in a paleo turmeric wrap (find them HERE), and it’s even really good over a baked sweet potato or eggs. And the leftovers are downright amazing. Just don’t forget the guac! 🙂
I hope you love and use this recipe as much as we do. Enjoy!
- 1 and ½ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast (you can use thighs, too), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari (gluten free soy sauce) (I use THIS)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (I like to use yellow, green and/or red, but use your favorite!)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or other cooking fat of choice (I use THIS)
- Combine apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, and juice of one lime half.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken strips and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. I like to make the marinade the night before or morning of and let it marinate in the fridge all day.
- Over medium high heat, heat your cooking fat in a large skillet .
- Add the marinated chicken strips to the skillet and sauté for 3 minutes. It'll sizzle and smoke!
- Add the sliced onion and peppers to the skillet and sauté for 3-5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Right before serving, squeeze the other half of the lime all over the skillet and enjoy!
Pin this skillet chicken fajitas recipe HERE: