Watermelon Salad recipe with mixed salad greens, blueberries and almonds topped with a Coconut Lime Dressing. Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Watermelon Salad Recipe (Paleo, Vegan)
Last week, my husband and I had a really fun date. We started the day off by going to a Float Spa. Ever heard of a Float Spa? It’s basically the best thing ever. It’s a type of holistic therapy where you float in a private “pod” filled with water and 900 pounds of Epsom Salts (yes, I’m serious – 900 pounds!) while in total darkness for an hour. Ohmigosh. It was heaven – I would totally recommend trying it if you ever have the opportunity. We both can’t wait to go back.
After our float session, we ate lunch at one of our favorite farm to table restaurants, Harvest in Harrisburg, PA. While at Harvest, the server recommended that I try their Watermelon Salad. She said that everyone raves about it and it’s her personal favorite item on the summer menu.
Now I know why it’s her favorite! Wow, that Watermelon Salad was incredible – light, refreshing, crisp, gorgeous, fresh and such a fun mix of colors, textures and flavors. It was like a taste of sunshine and summer! After I basically licked my plate clean, I knew that I had to try and recreate it so I could enjoy it at home. Because let’s face it, it’s not every day that I’m licking a salad plate clean (confessions of a healthy living blogger — I’m not a huge salad fan).
I promise – there really are a lot of leafy greens under there 🙂
And I’m proud to say that I think I nailed the recreation of the Harvest Watermelon Salad. This recipe is just a few simple ingredients, but it packs a big punch. And it’s so pretty, isn’t it? I can’t get enough of it! I’ve even eaten it for dinner with a little herb grilled chicken on top. It’s fabulous topped with shrimp, too. And that Coconut Lime Dressing? SO GOOD! I hope you get a chance to try this recipe so you can understand why I’m so crazy over it! Enjoy 🙂
Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 6 cups mixed salad greens (I use an organic spring mix)
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or any type of berry
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds or macadamia nuts
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk (I use THIS)
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey or sweetener of choice (for Vegan option, use coconut sugar instead)
- Make the Coconut Lime Dressing by combining the coconut milk, lime juice and honey (or sweetener of choice) until well blended. Set aside.
- Add the salad greens to a large salad bowl. Top with watermelon, blueberries and berries. Lastly, add the nuts. Serve with Coconut Lime Dressing. Enjoy!
P.S. Want to know how to pick the most perfect watermelon every single time? Click HERE for my watermelon tips! If you follow those tips, you really will pick the best watermelon – my friends think I’m the watermelon whisperer now 🙂
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information