Watermelon Lime Sorbet and Ice Cups
I was attending a BBQ and wanted to bring something fun for all the kiddos that were going to be there. To be honest, I was really trying to be sneaky because I wanted them to choose my healthy, real food dessert over the other desserts that were loaded with refined sugars and artificial colors and flavors.
And it worked! The kids loved these!
As did the adults. I may or may not have included an adult version with tequila
You can also just serve this sorbet right out of the blender with an ice cream scoop. You certainly don’t have to take the extra time to make them into cute watermelon shells, but it sure is a fun idea for a party and kids love them if you do!
- Cut your watermelon into chunks and place in the freezer until frozen, about 2 hours.
- Once frozen, place the watermelon in a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy right away or freeze until ready to use!
- Thaw 15 minutes before serving.
- To make the Watermelon Shells:
- Cut limes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh and save the flesh for another use (limeaide!).
- Add a scoop of watermelon sorbet to the ice cups.
- Top with 6 mini chocolate chips for the "seeds" (To keep it allergy friendly, I like to use THESE dairy and soy free chocolate chips)