Peach Pie Breakfast Bake
I have to thank my friend, Jennifer for this fantastic recipe. When she sent over the recipe for me to try, she said it was inspired by my breakfast souffle recipe. I tweaked her creation just a pinch and came up with what I like to call a Peach Pie Breakfast Bake. It has all the flavors of peach pie, but in one big healthy, protein filled dish that’s perfect for serving a family or group of people.
I think you’ll find it very hard to believe that this dish is made almost entirely of eggs because it doesn’t taste like eggs at all! It tastes very similar to a pancake – now that’s something I can deal with
I haven’t met a kid yet who doesn’t like this dish and my fruit breakfast souffles. I know kids who won’t touch eggs with a 10 foot pole, but devour this dish and then ask for seconds. Shhhhh- they never have to know that it’s made of all eggs
You can also tweak the yummy topping to make it nut-free, too. Instead of nuts, just add more shredded coconut and seeds like pumpkin, chia or sunflower!
- 8 eggs, whites and yolk separated
- 4 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 to 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts (I like using walnuts)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place your coconut oil and peaches in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Whip just the egg whites until peaks form with a stand mixer (or hand mixer).
- While the whites are whipping, mix together the yolks, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Once peaks form for the egg whites, fold in the yolk mixture.
- Mix just until incorporated. It’s important not to overmix at this point (5 seconds with a stand mixer is plenty!)
- Place the egg mixture all over the peaches.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While it’s baking, make your topping by mixing all the topping ingredients together.
- After 15 minutes is up, gently place the topping all over the eggs.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through.
© Primally Inspired. My posts are copyrighted information. Do not repost my full recipe or post on your blog, Facebook, or any other website. Posting ingredients and sharing my photos is permitted with a link back to my site for the full recipe or post.FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.