I have to thank my friend, Jennifer for this fantastic recipe. When she sent over the recipe for me to try, she said it was inspired by my breakfast souffle recipe. I tweaked her creation just a pinch and came up with what I like to call a Peach Pie Breakfast Bake. It has all the flavors of peach pie, but in one big healthy, protein filled dish that’s perfect for serving a family or group of people.
I think you’ll find it very hard to believe that this dish is made almost entirely of eggs because it doesn’t taste like eggs at all! It tastes very similar to a pancake – now that’s something I can deal with
I haven’t met a kid yet who doesn’t like this dish and my fruit breakfast souffles. I know kids who won’t touch eggs with a 10 foot pole, but devour this dish and then ask for seconds. Shhhhh- they never have to know that it’s made of all eggs 😉
You can also tweak the yummy topping to make it nut-free, too. Instead of nuts, just add more shredded coconut and seeds like pumpkin, chia or sunflower!
- 8 eggs, whites and yolk separated
- 4 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 to 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts (I like using walnuts)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place your coconut oil and peaches in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Whip just the egg whites until peaks form with a stand mixer (or hand mixer).
- While the whites are whipping, mix together the yolks, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Once peaks form for the egg whites, fold in the yolk mixture.
- Mix just until incorporated. It's important not to overmix at this point (5 seconds with a stand mixer is plenty!)
- Place the egg mixture all over the peaches.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While it's baking, make your topping by mixing all the topping ingredients together.
- After 15 minutes is up, gently place the topping all over the eggs.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through.
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information