Dandy Blend and Cinnamon Vanilla Latte Recipe
I can’t wait to tell you about Dandy Blend if you haven’t heard of it yet. I haven’t been this excited about a food product in a long time 🙂
What in the world is Dandy Blend?
Dandy blend is an all natural herbal substitute for coffee. It features both the health benefits of dandelion root and the rich, full-bodied flavor, smoothness and texture of real coffee.
Before I realized coffee was the culprit for my bad headaches, I LOVED coffee. And yes, that’s Love with a ginormous capital L. I enjoyed the taste and loved creating my own specialty coffee drinks. But when I realized coffee was giving me headaches, I grudgingly gave it up. I know, so sad 🙁
When I took my first sip of Dandy Blend, I legit did a full fledge happy dance. I felt like I was reunited with a long lost friend.
It looked like coffee, it had the same texture of coffee and yes, it tasted like coffee!
I was beyond ecstatic.
And If it couldn’t get better than that, a cup of Dandy Blend comes loaded with health benefits!
Dandelion is regarded in diverse cultures worldwide, both among Western herbalists and in the Chinese Medical tradition as one of the best detoxification herbs that also has potent anti-cancer properties. Dandelion root promotes normal liver function by enhancing biliary detoxification. It also helps regulate insulin levels and it works as an effective aperient promoting normal bowel function and diuretic urinary function. The most advanced research on cardiovascular disease and cancer, two of the major killers in the world, is that these diseases are caused by, or attenuated by, inflammation. Dandelion root is one of the greatest herbs for relieving inflammation and is well known to exert a benefit in the natural treatment of both of these conditions.
Here’s some other health promoting benefits of the ingredients in Dandy Blend:
* Dandelion is loaded with trace minerals and potassium, iron and calcium. Dandelion is reputed historically to be an excellent liver tonic and blood purifier, and one of the best diuretics, complete with its own potassium source. It is reported also to regulate the gastro-intestinal system, and is a good cure for anemia and acne. It also has the reputation for lowering serum cholesterol and blood pressure, eliminating gas and acid indigestion, aiding in weight loss,and counteracting certain cancerous tumors.
* Roasted Chicory promotes healthy digestion. It is food for the beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract, and is reported to increase both digestion and nutrient absorption into the blood stream. Chicory also is rich in potassium, provides support to the immune system and promotes synthesis of B vitamins.
* Roasted beetroot detoxifies and builds blood. It also renews old blood with minerals and natural sugars. Beetroot contains betaine, which stimulates liver cells and protects the liver and bile ducts. It also is reputed to build red corpuscles and add tone to the blood. It is rich in phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A and C and other nutrients. Beetroot also has a significant tumor-inhibiting effect. According to an article in the Feb 27 1996 issue of Cancer Letters. “The combined findings suggest that beetroot ingestion can be one of the useful means for preventing cancer.”
* Barley and rye are nutritious grains and a rich source of protein and B complex vitamins. Barley is good for urinary tract disorders as well, and is very useful in fevers and all inflammatory conditions because of its soothing properties. It helps heal the digestive system and digest starchy foods, and is also good for treating urinary disorders like nephritis and cystitis. Possibly most important, because the ingredient is the water soluble extracts free from gluten, and not the whole grains of barley and rye, those who are grain/gluten- free and normally couldn’t benefit from the nutrients in barley and rye can by drinking Dandy Blend.
After learning about all the benefits from my Dandy Blend, I now lovingly refer to it as “my cup of awesome.” 🙂
And for those wondering, Dandy Blend is GMO and pesticide free. It’s also gluten free, caffeine free and safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Many people even testify that they experience no with drawl symptoms when switching from coffee to Dandy Blend (read the Amazon reviews!)
Where can you find Dandy Blend?
More and more health stores are starting to carry Dandy Blend, so you may be able to find it in your local health store. The best price I’ve found anywhere, though is from Amazon (with free shipping when you buy the 2 pound bag!)
And here’s a recipe for you!
As you can guess, I’ve been having so much fun creating all sorts of goodies with my Dandy Blend. I’ve even created “coffee” ice cream, shakes and mocha popsicles. Oh yum!
But I must say my all time favorite specialty coffee creation I’ve been enjoying daily is just a simple cinnamon vanilla latte with coconut milk. It tastes even better than the expensive coffee shop version I remember getting. Here’s my recipe:
- Add all ingredients to a mug and fill with hot water.
- Stir until everything is dissolved.