Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings: Asian Sesame Flavor
You guys! You have got to try this method of making perfectly crispy oven baked chicken wings. Because it’s genius.
Too far? Okay, maybe life-changing is going a bit far. But in all seriousness, I will never EVER make chicken wings any other way from now on.
I saw this genius method of how to make chicken wings from America’s Test Kitchen where they decided to research how to get perfectly crispy oven baked chicken wings. Those people are brilliant, I tell you.
And I’m telling you – these babies come out of the oven like they are fried. Oh yes, it’s true. Blistered, crispy skin and everything. Mmmm hmmmm.
This method is a little weird and you may think I’ve lost my marbles, but just trust me on this and follow the directions to a T because it’s all scientifically legit. I promise that you’ll be thanking me later.
And I hope you like my recipe for Asian sesame wings. I have a thing for Asian-inspired food and flavors (see THIS amazing recipe and THIS one, too!) and these wings are finger lickin’ good. They got gobbled up at my last gathering and I was told that next time, “I better bring a double batch or else.” Enjoy!
- 3 pounds of chicken wings (about 18), cut at joints and wing tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine baking powder and salt together in a bowl or ziplock bag.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel.
- Toss wings in the baking powder/salt until evenly coated.
- Place the wings in a single layer on a wire rack that’s on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes on the lower-middle oven rack.
- After 30 minutes, move the wings to the upper middle rack, turn the oven heat to 425 degrees and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss with sauce. Let sit a few minutes to soak in the sauce. Toss again. Top with extra green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Combine coconut aminos, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic, green onions and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
Don’t forget to Pin this recipe on Pinterest!
What’s your favorite flavor chicken wings? As for me, I don’t discriminate – I like ‘em all!
© Primally Inspired. My posts are copyrighted information. Do not repost my full recipe or post on your blog, Facebook, or any other website. Posting ingredients and sharing my photos is permitted with a link back to my site for the full recipe or post.FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.