Baked Pears with Cranberries and Whipped Orange Coconut Cream
This simple dessert is a cinch to make, tastes amazing and is elegant enough for company.
You’ll love how easy this is to make! Just take some pears, stuff them with butter and a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Add your cranberries. Then zest a little bit of orange and squeeze the juice all over the cranberries and pears for a punch of fresh flavor.
Pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes and this is what it comes out looking like. Yum! Real food is so pretty, don’t you think?
Top each pear half with a dollop of whipped coconut cream and it’s pure heaven, I tell you.
I definitely licked clean every square inch of that plate after the photo 😉
- 2 pears, cut in half
- 4 teaspoons butter (for dairy free use coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon pure honey, optional
- ½ of an orange, zested and juiced (zest divided in half)
- pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place pears cut side up in a baking dish.
- Place 1 teaspoon of butter on top of each pear.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to each pear half
- Add the cranberries on and around the pears.
- Sprinkle half the zest from the orange half on top of the pears and cranberries.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange half over the fruit.
- If you are using honey, drizzle honey over the pears.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pears are softened.
- Top with whipped orange coconut cream and enjoy!
- With a stand or electric mixer, whip coconut cream until peaks form.
- Add in the other half the zest from the half orange, vanilla, honey and pinch of cinnamon.
- Continue whipping until well incorporated, about 15-30 seconds longer.
Don’t forget to Pin on Pinterest:
Do you have a favorite dessert you like to serve company?