Have you guys ever had a scotch egg? I think I’ve been deprived my whole life because I just had one for the first time a few months ago!
Man, I’ve been missing out!! They are much easier to make than I expected and taste out of this world – I’m hooked
They’re slightly spicy and slightly smoky and just plain delicious. If you want more spice, serve them with my favorite Paleo approved sriracha sauce – that will do the trick
Not only do these taste amazing, but they are the ultimate grab and go breakfast, snack, lunch or even dinner food! They’re a perfect option for a pre-workout meal, too. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put eggs in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, remove the pot from heat and cover.
- Let sit for 10-12 minutes or until yolks are done to your liking.
- Remove the eggs from the water and let cool until they are cool enough to handle.
- Peel the shell off the eggs.
- When the eggs are cooling, mix sausage, chili powder, smoked paprika and green onions and salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined.
- Divide sausage mixture into 6 sections.
- Flatten each sausage section and mold it around the cooked egg and then place the sausage wrapped egg on a baking pan.
- Repeat with remaining sausage sections and eggs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until sausage is cooked throughout and slightly browned on top.
- Eat just as they are or serve with dijon mustard or sriracha sauce.
Have you ever had a scotch egg? Do you have a favorite version?
Disclaimer and Affiliate Disclosure Information